What is GrooveStep?
GrooveStep Digital Music Studio is a full featured music making application for the Nintendo DS. GrooveStep features an easy to use step sequencer for pattern based music making. You can make beats, melodies and full songs with GrooveStep.
GrooveStep has the following features:
- Easy to use step sequencer with up to 4 Groove Sliders per step
- 16 monophonic tracks with up to 2 sounds per track with ADSR envelopes and LFOs
- 16 variable length patterns up to 64 steps long
- 16 channel mixer with volume, mute and solo control
- Song arranger can chain up to 255 patterns each with individual settings
- WAV file support with preview in file browser with up two 2MB of sample RAM
- XY PAD real time performance interface
What do I need to run GrooveStep?
1) A Nintendo DS
2) Some type of hardware capable of running homebrew applications
Q: Can I report a bug, feature, etc?
A: Sorry, but no. GrooveStep is no longer in active development and all support for it has stopped. It is still free and usable so enjoy it!
Q: I'm having problems loading WAV files.
A: Try load/saving any problem WAV files in something like Audicty (freeware) or Sound Forge.
The WAV file loading code just uses the most common format and may not
be compatible with non standard wav files.